Austin Mini Maker Faire 2013

Austin Mini Maker Faire was my favorite show of the year! I was on the planning committee again this year and it was so fun to work with such a wonderful team of people. I ended up selling my goods at the show along with almost 100 other Makers. There were over 4100 people in attendance this year at the Palmer Event Center on May 5th.  I was happy to see that customers really enjoyed my DIY Game Board Photo Frame Kits I made just for the MMF.


Here is a fun little video of the show put together by James Lewis...


You can find a full list of the amazing Makers that were at the faire HERE and more photos HERE but these were a few key stars of the show I got to see...

This ship is a 1:1 scale Jedi Starfighter a la Star Wars Clone Wars.   


Amazing wildlife bikes by Austin Bike Zoo.



Steampunk robots, lego robots, battling robots, robots everywhere! 


And of course they had a Tardis, aka Type 40 Mark III, from Doctor Who. LOVE! You can watch a cool video of this amazing sound and light art sculpture HERE and find out more from the creators HERE


My only regret was that I was stuck at my booth most of the day and couldn't run around doing DIY projects and playing with robots like the kids. But I'm excited to announce that the TechShop is having their own Mini Maker Faire event on June 8th in Round Rock. So, although it will be a much smaller show I'll be able to enjoy some of the festivities and geekery. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment